Belleville, Ontario, incorporated as a city in 1877, population 50,716 (2016 census), 49,454 (2011 census). The city of Belleville, the seat of Hastings County, is located on the Bay of Quinte, an arm of Lake Ontario about 180 km east of Toronto at the mouth of the Moira River.
Glanmore was built in 1882-1883 for wealthy banker J.P.C. Phillips (1842-1912) and his wife Harriet Dougall Phillips (1839-1915). The grand interior features beautiful hand-painted ceilings and ornate woodwork. Many of Glanmore’s rooms have been restored to the 1890s. They feature period room displays containing some original furnishings as well as beautiful objects from the Couldery Collection.