Welcome to The Empire
The original theatre, known as the McCarthy Theatre, opened its doors in 1938 and operated continuously until 1962.
After several vacant years, it was transformed into a sports and hobby store, Stephen Licence Ltd.
In March 2002, Mark Rashotte purchased the building with the vision of bringing to Belleville a professional live performance and cinematic theatre. The Empire Theatre opened its doors on September 13, 2003.
About the theatre